TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Set out below are the terms on which Beauty by Carmen provides service to its clients. Please ensure that you have read and fully understood them prior to booking any treatment.
Appointments and cancellations
- We work by-appointment only so please use the main menu to book online. To secure an appointment with Beauty by Carmen a deposit or voucher Security Code is required.
- A £20 booking fee/ deposit to hold an appointment. This will be paid online, via PayPal or card, at the time of booking. The remainder of the fee will be paid after your treatment, in cash or by card.
- If you purchased a voucher than the Security Code of that voucher will be needed to secure an appointment. Please note your voucher also has a Voucher Number and a reference number but the booking page needs the Security code.No booking fee will be charged. Please be aware you still need to adhere to all terms and conditions otherwise your security code will be redeemed and no refunds awarded.
- Beauty by Carmen Cavanagh is committed to providing all clients with exceptional service. When a client cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another client from being seen. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72h prior to your scheduled appointment to notify us of any changes/ cancellations / reschedule. Failure to provide 72h notification will result in the loss of the treatment from your value pack or voucher/ deposit being redeemed.
- Prior to your appointment, we will inform you in your booking confirmation email, of any preparation required in advance of your treatment. Failure to follow the guide lines may result in cancellation of your appointment, reduced treatment time, or additional fees being charged.
- Any client who requires treatment and brings a child with them must also be accompanied by another adult to chaperone the child whilst the client is being treated. Failure to bring an adult chaperone with any child will result in the treatment being cancelled and loss of the value pack treatment or deposit. No children under the age of 16 years must be left unattended within the clinic at any time.
- Only the person receiving the treatment is allowed in the treatment room. If you bring other people with you for your appointment, they are required to wait in the reception area for the duration of the treatment.
Payment types accepted:
Proof of I.D.
Please bring with you proof of ID (driving licence or passport only) irrespective of your age. We do not perform any treatments on anyone who can not prove they are 18 or over. The booking fee/ voucher is non refundable if client omits to bring appropriate ID at the time of the appointment.
- Please plan to arrive 5-10 min before your scheduled appointment. We cannot assure that you will be seen if you are 10 or more minutes late for your appointment. Please understand that the treatments need their allocated time to get the best result possible, we cannot rush or cut corners. Late arrival may result in reduced treatment time or forfeiting of the appointment. If insufficient time is left for your appointment due to lateness and a new appointment has to be made, the booking fee/voucher is non refundable.
- Beauty by Carmen will endeavor to ensure that your appointment runs to time; however, should we need to cancel or postpone your appointment at short notice, we will make every effort to contact you in advance.
- All treatments purchased as a package deal must be paid for in full in advance of the first treatment. All treatment courses must be taken within 12 months of the date of purchase; any treatments left untaken after 12 months will be forfeited.
- Package deals are only refundable for medical reasons. Any refund agreed is calculated by deducting the full list price of all treatments already taken, plus any charged for non-attendance, from the total price of the course of treatment, with the difference returned to you.
- we will always assess whether treatment is suitable for you, or likely to be successful, prior to any treatment being carried out. If not, we will inform you as to the reasons why. You will only be liable for the cost of the initial consultation, where applicable.
Microblading / Semipermanent makeup Retouch session
- It is important that each semi-permanent makeup treatment is followed by a retouch appointment about 4 -8 weeks after the initial treatment. This is especially true for microblading, which is considered a two part treatment. Without it, the results will not be optimal. Colour will fade significantly within 4 weeks as the skin heals, peels and fades. The touch up corrects any irregularities in the microbladed hair strokes, shape, color tones and finishes the process.Occasionally a third touch up (4-6 weeks later) is necessary for certain clients where the pigment does not take as well to the skin.
- These top up appointments are charged at £50 regardless of the area treated. The £50 top up fee only applies to clients that return 4-8 weeks after their initial appointment. If more than 8 weeks have passed since the client has been in then the full price of the procedure applies as opposed to a top up price only.
- In order to keep your semi permanent makeup looking perfect, a yearly appointment is recommended. These appointments are charged at full price.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- One voucher per person.
- The printed voucher should be surrendered prior to treatment
- Offer is subject to patient suitability for treatment.
- Voucher is non transferrable and cannot be exchanged for money.
Contra-Indications & Limitations
As per current legislation, we require doctor’s permission to perform semi permanent makeup treatments on clients with certain pre-existing conditions. A GP consent form can be found at http://beautybycarmen.com/wp-content/Forms/GP_Consent_Form.pdf. Please have your GP sign the form prior to your appointment if you answer YES to any of the questions below:
- Hemophilia, blood clotting disorders or conditions that require blood thinning drugs (e.g. aspirin)?
- Heart conditions, angina or blood pressure problems?
- Allergies to any anesthetics metals, latex, topical antibiotic preparations?
- Skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema or dermatitis?
- Do you suffer from diabetes or have problems healing?
- Could you be pregnant?
- Epilepsy, seizures or prone to fainting attacks?
- Any other associated health conditions or medications taken?
- BeautyByCarmen will not be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit), or for any other special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, its provision of any goods and/or services to the client.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that he or she provide BeautyByCarmen with all relevant medical details prior to each treatment. BeautyByCarmen will not be liable for any damage that occurs as a result of the client’s failure to disclose such details.
- The client agrees to comply with all instructions and/or recommendations given to them by, or on behalf of, BeautyByCarmen regarding the care of a treated area. Nothing in these terms of business shall exclude or limit BeautyByCarmen’s liability for death or any personal injury resulting from BeautyByCarmen’s negligence.