- Areas to be treated must be shaved by the client the day of the appointment to remove surface hair
- Sun exposure, including tanning beds and the application of sunless tanning products, must be avoided for 4 weeks prior to the treatment. Sun exposure, tanning, and sunless tanning products decrease the effectiveness of the laser treatment and increase the chance of post-treatment complications.
- Area to be treated must be clean, and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have any of these on, they must be completely washed off prior to treatment.
- Photosensitizing medication should be discontinued for a period of at least 6 months prior to receiving treatment and should not be used during your course of treatment.
- Waxing and/or the use of chemical depilatories must be avoided in the treatment area for 4 weeks before and after the treatment to avoid skin sensitivity. You may not be pregnant for any treatment.
- During the course of your treatments, notify staff of any changes to your medical history, health status, or personal activities that may be relevant to your treatment.